"Why doesn't she just leave?"
Tuesday May 23rd at 8 PM
An insight into the complexities of domestic violence in the Jewish community – why she stays, why he does it, how we can prevent it.
Shaindy Urman is a freelance writer, single mother, full-time student, and an Intake Coordinator at OHEL Children's Home and Family Services in Brooklyn, New York. Her work has appeared in Tablet, The Forward, and on parenting websites Kveller and Romper. More recently, she blogs about her experience as a survivor of domestic violence. Shaindy's story can be read in her own words at http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/author/shaindy-urman/.
Recent webinars include:
- Finding Success and Fulfillment both Professionally and at Home with Naava Shafner.
- Tools for Engaging in Difficult Conversations with Abby Brockman
- Wisdom Ethereal and Domestic with Debra Band
- Insights into the OTD Movement with Mark Treancher
- Bat Mitzvah Reimagined with Dina Brawer
- Preventing Sexual Abuse at Overnight Camps with Rahel Bayar and Menachem Hecht
Missed one of our webinars? No worries. You can hear/view all of them here!